This “Avenue” promotes the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service. It involves the activities necessary to make the Club function successfully and achieve its goals. Club Service Committee often includes the following:
- Responsible for assigning Rotarians to deliver the Rotary Moment, Flag Salute, and sergeant-at-arms at each regular meeting
- Charged with improving the attendance at our Club’s meetings
- Plans and schedules speakers and programs for Club meetings
- Coordinates meeting room set up at each meeting
Responsible for planning social outings for club members that brings them together several times per year in a purely social, more relaxed and informal manner.
- Includes a designated photographer; compilation of a digital scrapbook containing descriptions of the year’s meetings, activities, and records noteworthy achievements of individual Club members for the year.
- In cooperation with the Community Services Committee devises and implements ways to raise funds for projects and needs within the community and internationally.
- Works closely with the Membership Committee on attracting new members
- Is involved in all aspects of membership including member development, committee involvement, new member orientation (fireside chats) and
involvement of senior active membership.
- Charged with preparing materials, press releases, etc. for promoting the Club both internally and to the public
- Also oversees the preparation, content and distribution of internal member communications, social media efforts, and website updates and maintenance.